Saturday, August 27, 2011

Versailles

I'd like to write what I do everyday so I can look back and remember what I did, but I'm pretty doubtful that's going to happen,, but I can try.

I'll start with yesterday.
So on August 26 my niice family took me to Chateau Versailles. It was about an hour and a half drive and well worth it. Versailles is a beautiful and antique city that has a feeling of the olden times :p. Think Marie Antoinette times. Speaking of which, her castle is so grand and lavishing. Makes me wonder how great the parties she through were. There was people from all over: Japs, Spanish, Brits, too many. Even though the weather wasn't all that great because of the cold wind and sprinkles, it was spectacular.
After wondering through the castle for a good maybe 3 hours or so, we went to eat at this really cute restaurant. Now keep in mind my french is pretty bad and this menu had no pictures, so I just had to wing it. I did love my dish, I believe it was escalopes, something like that, but my dessert... eh no. I ordered fromage, not knowing what is was. Turns out it's a Normandy cheese, and it was so strong, it just took one bite. I just settled for ice cream after that.



Surprisingly, not many people speak English, which is good for me, only one person has spoken to me in English since I've gotten here. It's weird how I understand what they are trying to say, I just wish I could reply with something other than, "yes", "i know", and other little things. Not even the young people speak english, and if they do, I guess they don't feel like it :p.Which they have every right to

:))


No comments:

Post a Comment