Thursday, August 19, 2010

So it begins... sort of

   OK. Well my name is Liana. I'm from a city named Brownsville, TX. It barely qualifies to be named a city with a population of about 200,000 people(About 90% being of Hispanic decent).In my opinion, it's a good place to grow up in. Two different languages are spoken here, a bilingual city. English obviously, and Spanish. I happen to be one of the lucky many that speak both these languages, where upon in a different country it'd be a unique thing to know both these languages, but here, I'm just like everybody else....
   Well, on that note, I guess I'm not like everybody else, since I plan to do something not everyone agrees on. That is, go abroad for a whole school year to a completely different country! A country where I'll be lost in translation and not know how to get around. It's not official yet, but I feel as though it will happen. I plan to go with the Rotary Club of my area. I have already gotten in contact with them and they are making it all possible for me to go abroad after this year. As of right now, if I were to go, I would go to the French speaking part of Belgium, but I haven't actually gotten the chance to speak to them about my first choice which is France. And France actually wants someone. So it's definitely a possibility.
  Well I'll post some more later. Keep an update :) Adieu


OR

No comments:

Post a Comment